First Illustrated Quote Chart from I Love Chart-ist Reader Submission!
“After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world.” – Oscar Wilde
Thanks to likethatofarainbow for the quote! Oscar Wilde was definitely a character, and if anyone were to be given the opportunity to hang out with him (in the afterlife… obviously) I’m sure they would appreciate this guide to rely upon.
"The pictures are not made to disturb people’s consciences but rather to disturb their consciousness. The pictures do not ask you to “help” these people, but something much more difficult; to be briefly and intensely aware of their existence, an existence as real and significant as your own."
There’s ten of us, and none can choose a bottle of good wine. We’re not good at this grown-up thing.
Random thoughts about gymnastics Europeans
- Mustafina’s twisting looks even grosser live. But everything else looks so much more gorgeous.
- I’m a little bit sad that Italy didn’t win any WAG medals. But there’s always next time.
- But I’m thrilled with the guys medals! Especially with Cingolani’s, because I had no idea he had medal potential on floor. It was a nice surprise. And Morandi continues to be awesome on rings.
- I loved watching Euros live: the public cheered for everyone, but every time a Russian gymnast would do something, the cheering would get louder and louder, everyone in the arena was shouting. It was awesome (but now I also understand Roza Galieva’s complaints in Atlanta.)
- Nabieva was in the stands, and today she brought her boyfriend, who was wearing a pink shirt and white trousers (yes, you read that right) and did wear sunglasses inside the arena for quite a bit. He also spent most of his time groping Nabieva’s boobs. Yes, in front of the whole arena. Ah,
chav young love.
- Nabieva was also the one cheering the loudest, and not just for her teammates. When Olena Vasilyeva did her disastrous routine on beam during EF, she shouted “всё нормально!”, which means “It’s ok!”. She may have ugly form and questionable taste in boyfriends, but she really is a sweet girl.
- Also, this has been said a million times, but Alexander Shatilov is gorgeous. I was drooling throughout the medal ceremony.
I’m at olimpyiskiy and just bpught tje tickets for the European Gymnastocs Championships so 8I apologise in advance for my fangirling today